Sunday, February 19, 2012

Web Activity 6

While I was reading about hierarchy in Lohr, I was reminded of a lesson I gave to 7th graders about the number systems. I drew several visuals for them to help them understand how some sets of numbers are subsets of another. One of the visuals looked a lot like this graphic. I used a flow chart to show relationships between the sets. I also used the colors to show the levels, and the size of the boxes to represent how big the sets of numbers were comparatively. 

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey-- I really like your number system idea for this activity. I think the use of different colors to show the levels is a great idea too! My only criticism of this image would be that I am not a huge fan of the effects used on the title, and the title is a little close to the top border of the image. Also, the box colors for "All Real #s", "Rational #s", and "Irrational #s" are very close. I know rational and irrational are supposed to be the same, but maybe you could change the top box's background color. Just a suggestion! Overall, great job :)

    ReplyDelete