Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Brochure Draft - Annette Liskey

This is a marketing brochure for my husband's business.  It uses the traditional tri-fold design, except the panel that would normally go inside is cut to the custom shape of a knife and tucked into the cover (like an envelope flap). 

I plan to replace the cheesy knife drawing with a nice, clean photograph of a knife (I have a chance to use professional photography equipment this weekend).

I'm struggling with where to put the contact information.  On the back panel seems like the traditional location, but I'm worried it might be overlooked.


Front and back (knife is the 'envelope flap'):


Inside  (knife is the 'envelope flap'):


1 comment:

  1. You mention the knife as the envelope flap, and this makes me think you might send this brochure in the mail. It would be a very innovative advertisement to send this as an envelope in the mail! I really like the idea! But I wonder if the text direction should be vertical instead of horizontal (at least on the outside?), because of how people normally address/open letters?

    I would also watch out for the knife obstructing any information when the brochure is fully closed.

    I really love your use of the blue diagonal background. And the layout of information is just spectacular. Lots of white space and information chunking that makes this brochure really quick and easy to digest! Good job!

    ReplyDelete