Tuesday, March 18, 2014

AHRD Brochure Draft

Hi All,
Below are images of the brochure I designed for the AHRD Program.  I used the logo that I created for this course and an image of a former student presenting on the cover of the brochure.  I worked with Dr. Wilcox to get quotes from former students and what information should be included in the brochure. I would like some critiques.  One aspect I thought about changing was the font to match the font in the logo, but I wasn't sure if that would be too "matchy."  What are your thoughts? I am also looking forward to critiques on other aspects of this brochure.
Thanks in advance!
Amanda



5 comments:

  1. My only comment would be that it feels a little void of color. You have a lot of text chunking. You could enhance that even further with colored blocks behind some of the chunks. I wouldn't do it to every chunk but a few might be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you fit a lot of good information into a small space. Maybe too much information. I think the front graphics fight for my attention. I might move the picture to the back and let your logo, which is so awesome, take center attention. When I look at it I am not sure if I should focus on the cool logo or the picture. By moving the picture I can focus on the title and your great logo. I do like the use of quotes and the student pictures. That adds a touch of reality to the brochure.Also, noticed the dates for the oIP trip are off ( it starts in 2014 and ends in 2013...time travel perhaps :) ). Overall, I agree with Katie that a bit of color would add to this. You have lots of info, but the inside seems to flow together. Color of some sort, border perhaps,would break this up and make it easier to digest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andi, thank you for catching the date mistake!! I have added in some color blocking to the front of the brochure and in the headings, and moved the photo of the student to the back of the brochure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you post the revised version for us all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda,
    Looks like others already covered my thoughts. Looking forward to seeing the revised version!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete