Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Web Activity 3



I seemed to understand these two theories much like Renee and her goldfish analogy. Just like when children first get a new pet they overwhelm it with attention, however over time it takes the back burner and can often be neglected. I find this to be the case with my laundry habits. I HATE doing laundry. I procrastinate all week and then when the weekend comes I amburied under stinky socks. I don’t know where it all comes from. I can connect to the Information Processing Theory in two ways. First I overload the washing machine. I think that the quicker I get it all washed the more time I will have to relax, then my washer goes on the fritz because it’s too full and then it stops working all together. Just like taking in too much information at one time can be overwhelming so can the washing machine. Secondly, since I postpone my washing until the weekends I often get distracted by the massive pile of other things I want to accomplish around the house and I completely forget about the laundry until it has begun to mildew causing me to wash a the load a second time. If I only would apply Baddeley’s theory I could commit these issues into my long term memory instead of making them so short lived.

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, your verbal description above makes sense and I understand what you mean. In your image, though, I am not sure that your verbal description comes through. Is there a way you could add a few words and/or labels to show how the images are related to the two theories as you describe them above?

    ReplyDelete