Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rework of Judy's logo

Hi everyone, Judy got started on her logo because she will be out of town at a conference. She posted the different iterations of her logo, and explained her objectives  as she worked on the logo. She did a very nice job. You can read her posts if you click on Older Posts. 

I have take her logo and reworked the type font and spacing of her two lines of text. Although I liked her choice of font in her last iteration, I felt that the serif font did not work as well with the logo as it could. I thought perhaps she could use a type font that had qualities similar to the tree in her logo - clean lines with thin and thick elements. Her logo almost had an Asian quality (like calligraphy), so I went looking for a font that would work with this. At the same time, her second line of text needed to be simpler. Here's what I came up with. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. The logo looks very nice! I do think the current font fits better with the logo than the original font did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this logo looks great - it is simple and clean!

    ReplyDelete