Saturday, January 24, 2015

Leah Waite's Poster

Above is my poster for Mindforge Fractions. I used Pixlr to create this image. I stuck with the original cow theme and used the works-every-time layout. I left a hefty margin, though I'm not sure it's apparent in the way that I attached this picture. However, I decided to have a little fun at the top and leave a fraction of the cow outside -get it?! I don't have any extensive experience with photo editors but I did not particularly enjoy Pixlr. I use the Pixlr mobile app to edit images often, however this is my first time using it on a computer. While the initial upload of the program was simple, actually using the tools was difficult as I had to play guess and check. I did really enjoy the pencil drawing tool however, as it allowed me to create a grass effect (on accident). Overall though, I much rather prefer using Adobe Photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leah -

    First off, I really liked your idea of having some section of the cow on the outside of the picture representing the idea of fractions - really clever! Also good job on the aligning the text to the columns! My suggestions would be to possibly incorporate more images - another image regarding fractions. And for the paragraph text - use a transparent font such as Times New Roman in order to keep it from competing with your headline font because it may distract viewers. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kara...yeah after consideration, my font looks very sci-fi-ish. Thanks for the feedback!!

    ReplyDelete