Saturday, January 24, 2015

Amanda Leech: Poster Assignment



I had a lot of fun coming up with a concept for this poster, but found that my lack of artistic abilities made it more difficult to execute than I originally thought. First, I thought that a fun way to rebrand this product would be to do a Ninja who slices foods in to different fractions (i.e. the user has to slice the food in to the fraction presented). I am not sure how copyright works, since there is already a fruit ninja app for the iPhone, but I thought that might add to the appeal. Kids are exposed to so many different games and the idea I had was that this game could appeal to that sense but trick them in to learning while playing.

I chose to use Canva to make my poster because I had not yet used it and it seemed very easy. It ended up being a pretty simple program to use, and the Works Every Time format made it easy to decide how to lay everything out. I thought that the orange color would be appealing, as well as the colorful fruit. I did decide to go with a more script-like font, which the WET format suggested not to do, but it worked so well with the design that I had to stray from that one particular aspect of the format. If I were to give myself some critical feedback I would say that this is a little more adult than the age range, but my thought is that the top half of the poster appeals to children, while the overall design would appeal to parents that are  ultimately purchasing the product.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, what a clever poster! I love your ninja theme and tagline. The only things I would comment on are: 1) based on the textbook's layout guidelines, is to move your cutline up to right underneath your graphics; and 2) reduce the top margin a little bit. Well done!

    ReplyDelete