Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Katie - Website draft

I tried, I really did, with wordpress.com. But unfortunately, I couldn't get the forum plugin, bbPress, to install and time was precious so I left WordPress for my old standard, Weebly. I haven't given up on WordPress - my site is still up - but I feel much better with my site on Weebly right now. I chose a very simple template and I like the minimalist look and feel. I might one day spend the money and buy some domains for my sites too...

In the meantime, here's my link to my website on dog tricks. Feel free to look around, watch some dog trick videos and post some comments on the forum page. If you have dogs, try the Trick of the Week and let me know how it goes.

http://anatomyofadogtrick.weebly.com/

Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Katie - As always, you did an amazing job on your webpage!! Weebly is an awesome web tool to use, and I really like the simple layout that you chose to use. The colors are bright and jump off the page, and really play off of the adorable pictures of your dogs!! If i had one piece of feedback to give, I would say that you shouls not use the columns on the home page and the resources page to show your written content. To me, it makes it somewhat difficult to read and follow, since we are prone to read from left to right, rather than up and down. The flow looks a lot better on the other pages, where the information is "listed", rather than "columned". Aside from that, I think you did a really great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nicole that the first page has a lot of text, but the information is good and those interested will stick with it. I really like how you set it up blob/forum style so that it is more interactive. It adds some interest and keep the site fresh with new information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, that's really interesting that you said that, Nicole, because all the design stuff we've read says columns are a good way to chunk information...Maybe three columns are a bit much? I could reduce it to two of course. And edit the content down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the columns on the front page (whether two or three), but think it would be nice if you had more "headers" to break up the information such as using "Tricks are awesome for you" and "Tricks are awesome for your dog" and breaks in the text. Just an idea to try!

    I have a dog, but the most I can get her to do is "sit." =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marcia, I think you're right. And you should try teaching your dog the trick of the week, "touch", it's super easy.

    ReplyDelete