Sunday, January 15, 2012

Web Activity 1- Work Out








After reading a little more into the use of universal design images that were used for instruction, looking at videos that explained more of universal design, and lastly viewing the images that some of my classmates have chosen, I have been able to come to more of a clearer understanding of what really constitutes universal design use in instruction.

The image above, I believe is a very effective usage of universal design in instruction that many come across and probably use often. I for one work out and some times need the use of these images to help guide me in the correct execution of exercises, especially if there is no one trained to help or guide me, which is usually the circumstance I find myself in.

The images shows a series of stretches that an individual can perform. Each image has a person pictured performing the stretch in its executed position, which is a very good for those who are visual learners. Each image also comes with a name that corresponds to the stretch being performed. You also see that in some images that motion is depicted by either the use of a second correlating image, or a shadow image showing a changed position. All of these small components help make this image a good use of universal design. The simplicity of the chart makes learning accessible and easy to a variety group of learners, and visual literacy aims to do just that, make the use of information easy to read and interpret to a large population of learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment