Sunday, January 15, 2012

Web Activity 1

I will be honest when I first looked at this activity I was sorta lost. I didn't quite understand what the question was asking. Then after reading the chapter and seeing my peers posts I began to understand that universal design is when you make something that everyone will be able to understand regardless of the situation. I found two images that I felt demonstrated universal design in learning. The first is the above image-tying shoes can be a difficult concept to grasp. Being able to see images really does aide in the process. Some of my students are still rocking velcro in the 3rd grade because we just can't master it. Images will help with this!

The second image I found included the play, pause and stop buttons on a keyboard. I felt like this keyboard would be AMAZING for young children. If they are not familiar with the keyboard they would be able to recognize these buttons from their remote or even DVD players at home It would help cut back on the confusion with which buttons to choose. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment