Saturday, January 14, 2012

Activity One: Effective Images


As I read the chapter about universal images, I couldn't help but remember a microwave oven my husband and I bought in 1987. It was our very first "major" purchase, and it caused quite an argument. However, that microwave oven needed a page of instructions next to it in order to understand how to use it. I have found that problem with most microwave ovens even today. No matter how simple the task of operating one should be, every manufacturer chooses a different display design and sequence for its appliance. No one should feel stupid standing in front of a microwave oven with the dumbfounded look that says, "Now which button do I press first?" because we all have been there!

Renee

1 comment:

  1. This is so interesting and funny at the same time. Mainly because I have been in the same boat of not knowing how to use a microwave. This microwave was so complicated on how to defrost frozen meats. I became so incredibly fustrated I just walked away and figured I would try again later. This is great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete