Sunday, May 22, 2011

Web Activity 1

http://butterflyhouse.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/butterfly_lifecycle1.jpg


This is a great instructional tool to teach the stages of the butterfly's life cycle, but I would add directional arrows to help with the visual literacy.  Knowing the stages of a butterfly's development, I had to look at this three times before I realized I was reading it backwards....I was looking at the picture in the middle and following it clockwise.   I should have started with the egg in the top left and followed the line counter-clockwise!  Since butterflies lay eggs, this visual graphic could be improved by reversing the order of the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the way you reorganized it makes much more sense! I think most of us would expect to read it clockwise. The arrows definitely help!

    ReplyDelete