Sunday, May 22, 2011

Response to Jessica's Resume

Jessica,

I really liked the tree metaphor for your work experience and skills. However, there were places where it was difficult to read the text because light colored text was superimposed on a background with many colors, shapes, and textures. You may want to simplify your tree and strive for greater contrast. One way to do this is to color fill the leaves with a dark green. This would create a greater focus on the flowers and apples, then. If you are going to use text on the apples, I would avoid using images unless they are side by side, rather than text over image. I have reworked your image slightly to show you what I mean. In general, you want to try to cut down on the number of textures in your resume and try to use contrast to focus attention.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I was going for/working on. Thank you for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete