Sunday, February 15, 2015

Kara Martinez's Final Logo

I had originally had the hands upside down because I really wanted to use some of the fingers as an "M" shape so that I could start my organization's name (Multiracial at Madison) off with that. However, I felt that it somewhat messed up the message being sent by the image of the hands. I wanted the hands to convey the message that "I am here!" "I am a multiracial student at JMU," or "There are  many of us," or something along those lines. I don't feel that message was being conveyed with the hands upside down. Like Rob said, it looked like they were reaching down. This is what motivated me to turn them around. So, not being able to use the fingers as the letter "M," I went ahead and just typed out the entire name of the organization using a font that I felt went well and was still visible. I thought a good way to unify the words and hands was to use the same colors for the words as the hands. I did so by utilizing the Eye dropper tool on sumo paint, and I definitely wanted to make sure that "Madison" was the gold color - which I thought worked out nicely. I also asked several people at work what their thoughts were on my varying the colors of the letters in the word "Multiracial," and they seemed to prefer that over only using one color for the word. I also felt it went along with the message; multiracial individuals come from a multitude of backgrounds with varying phenotypes. I am pleased with the overall turnout.


No comments:

Post a Comment