Saturday, February 8, 2014

Rust; Creating Symbols


I had a lot of fun with this activity. I think I'll keep this exercise in my idea book, in case I ever get lost in my own conceptions about the world.  I really like the arbitrary symbol I created. At first, the symbol was a repeat of the same angle (as all the other symbols are), but after writing the Definition, I realized the angle does not allude to the object being 'four-wheeled'. So I changed the angle with which the Arbitrary symbol was viewed. I also got a nice outline of the main boot to denote depth between the boot and the wheels (an idea mentioned in the Noun Project article by Jon Hicks (link is in Module 5)).

I used a combination of Inkscape, Pixlr Editor, and Mac Preview to create each symbol. 
The photograph is my own.

3 comments:

  1. This is so what I envisioned from you. I love how you created everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very artistically talented! This is awesome, and is very evident you put a lot of time and thought into this activity. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete