Friday, February 7, 2014




I was not sure if we had to draw all the pictures ourselves or not, but after seeing other posts I decided to use images I found online.  I chose a police badge to honor my friend who was murdered this week.  I know some of the images are not all the same size and aligned, but feel that this is the best I could come up with at this time.  I do think I have an understanding of what Ralph Wileman was trying to convey with this exercise.  I never really thought too much much about the differences between the various types of concept symbols and this gave me a new understanding of how different visuals can be and what they can convey.  I think in the right context concept really works to let the mind make its own interpretation.

3 comments:

  1. I like how professional yours looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A badge is a really good idea since it has such authoritarian meaning behind it. Even the arbitrary symbol still carries it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your support. I like the badge but realize this is sloppier than I would have liked. Feeling a bit more in tune today and hope my logo looks better.

    ReplyDelete