Monday, March 18, 2013

Malaria Poster



The original poster seemed way too crowded. When I see that many steps I automatically get overwhelmed, so my goal was to simplify and chunk the information onto 2 pages (front and back) to make it easier to follow. I put more steps on the back b/c I figured getting all of the materials was a large/important step. I added lines to help guide the eye, chunk, and organize the information.

I'm still trying to get the hang of photoshop so any advice would be great!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Katie, I like how you split the directions up into two separate pages. I didn't do that for mine, and I probably should have. There are just so many steps in this Malaria testing process! Your consistent colors look nice, as you use the maroon color in your headings and divider lines throughout both pages. I would, however, be careful because I think some of your images go beyond the margins of the paper, as they appear super close to the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Raleigh! I didn't even think about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, your version is a big improvement from the original malaria poster we were given. I like how you separated it to go onto two pages: with this many steps I think it is almost necessary. One thing that I did notice is that on the second page, the very bottom section seems a bit crowded. I see that you had to fit the sponsor logos (or whatever they are) down at the bottom, but I am wondering if there's any way you could adjust them a bit to go under steps 15 and 16 rather than just under 16. That way it can be pushed down as well. Other than that, good job :)

    ReplyDelete