Friday, March 22, 2013

Malaria handout/job aid

I would definitely say that there are too many steps within the original poster, and this one too.  But, I was hesitant to condense too much or eliminate any steps because it seems like medical diagnoses processes are high/risk and it is critical that they be performed accurately.  I'm guessing that there is some sort of official approval process that this material must undergo before publication and distribution, that requires certain content, wording, and lingo to remain in tact.  Not really sure though...clearly I am not familiar with medical publications!

3 comments:

  1. Oops! I forgot to include the last few steps that were on the original Malaria testing poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks great, Raleigh! I love your use of colors and lines. I like that the line widths all vary. I also really like the logos in a straight line at the bottom, the vertical headers, and the pattern of yellow boxes. The only thing that you might want to change is the font size. Some of the fonts seem too small to be able to read easily. Other than that, I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a really good job of chunking the information. Separating the steps into four different sections eases some of the overwhelming feeling I get when looking at the original poster. Also adding the subtitles if you will allows the viewer to see what each box will be explaining. Your use of the callout boxes in yellow is also effective. Not only does it call the viewer's attention to make sure not to miss those notes, but it is kept consistent with the color of the gloves. I also think that there are certain ares where the text could be enlarged for the viewer to be able read it easier, as Katie mentioned. Other than that I think this is a huge improvement from the original poster. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete