Thursday, February 21, 2013

Unit Assignment: Pixlr Fun


I used Pixlr for this unit assignment. I have been using Illustrator for working on my poster but wanted to try a new online tool. I used the opacity option to make the picture more transparent to draw easier on top of the picture. Using the pencil took, I sketched over the sky, ocean, sand, my legs, and my flip flops. I then began to fill in the colors for each aspect of the picture. I used the filter tool to add some “noise” to the sand, to make it have that grainy texture. The picture looks pretty simple, but without having a Wacom tablet, it was actually pretty tricky trying to trace some of the objects. A Wacom tablet would have definitely come in handy for this project. I also added some objects that were not in the original picture. If you look closely in the water, I created some people surfing and waiting for waves in the water. What I like most about this picture is that I can resize it to whatever size without losing any of the resolution, like we have been talking about. Very cool! 

1 comment:

  1. Love your composition, Britney! Wow, I think you did a really great job actually without using a tablet! I find it extremely challenging to use a touchpad or mouse to trace over lines or draw anything...so I always resort to using my tablet instead. And I didn't see the surfers in the water at first, but I did once you pointed them out to me. Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete